Thursday, 30th March 2017
Puzzles Solved Yesterday: 108
Home | Register | Login | Current Puzzle | Archives | Leaderboard | Forum | Tutorial | FAQ
Forum Index
 
Page 3 of 3<123
Flash puzzle solver to be retired
foilman
Kwon-Tom Admin
Puzzles: 1704
Best Total: 24m 8s
Posted - 2016.08.03 14:54:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenie
Hi! First of all thanks, I've been doing your puzzles daily for ten years. I always did them in javascript.  Since you made the change, when I click on the daily puzzle link, or on "current puzzle," it takes me to a new screen with the KTL logo at the top but that's otherwise blank.  Any thoughts on what the problem is?  Thank you!
It sounds like your web browser isn't handling the new javascript correctly. What browser are you using? Is it up to date?
queenie
Kwon-Tom Obsessive
Puzzles: 3647
Best Total: 19m 36s
Posted - 2016.08.03 14:59:13
I do the weekday puzzles on my work computer (to warm up my brain...) and we have Chrome and IE11 - I tried both with the same result.  It's very hard to get updated software here so I might have to just do them at home.  Thanks for the reply!
foilman
Kwon-Tom Admin
Puzzles: 1704
Best Total: 24m 8s
Posted - 2016.08.03 15:06:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenie
I do the weekday puzzles on my work computer (to warm up my brain...) and we have Chrome and IE11 - I tried both with the same result.  It's very hard to get updated software here so I might have to just do them at home.  Thanks for the reply!
That's odd - both of those browsers should work fine (I tested with IE9 and it was fine). I suspect something else must be going on.

Something you could try in either browser - push the f12 key on your keyboard before you load a puzzle, and select the "console" tab. Now if there are any unexpected errors when the puzzle loads, it should put them there.
Last edited by foilman - 2016.08.03 15:07:28
queenie
Kwon-Tom Obsessive
Puzzles: 3647
Best Total: 19m 36s
Posted - 2016.08.03 15:12:59
Here's what I got:

puzzle.php:1 GET https://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.12.2.min.js net::ERR_INSECURE_RESPONSE
puzzle.php:2 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined(anonymous function) @ puzzle.php:2
foilman
Kwon-Tom Admin
Puzzles: 1704
Best Total: 24m 8s
Posted - 2016.08.03 15:19:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenie
Here's what I got:

puzzle.php:1 GET https://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.12.2.min.js net::ERR_INSECURE_RESPONSE
puzzle.php:2 Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined(anonymous function) @ puzzle.php:2
Thanks for that - give it another try now; hopefully that's sorted it...
queenie
Kwon-Tom Obsessive
Puzzles: 3647
Best Total: 19m 36s
Posted - 2016.08.03 15:26:31
It has! Thank you so much.
puzzlescot
Kwon-Tom Obsessive
Puzzles: 1454
Best Total: 26m 58s
Posted - 2016.08.04 15:36:26
Hi,

New solver works great! good work...

Found a small problem. Clicking 'solution' against an archive puzzle doesn't display any lines...
foilman
Kwon-Tom Admin
Puzzles: 1704
Best Total: 24m 8s
Posted - 2016.08.04 18:06:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzlescot
Found a small problem. Clicking 'solution' against an archive puzzle doesn't display any lines...
Thanks for pointing that out - it should be working again now.
Page 3 of 3<123

Forum Index